The AnsibleIndex Pro indexing software for use with LocoScript Pro is no longer being sold, developed or supported. You may download it at no cost. Installation consists simply of unzipping the contents of Aixpro.zip into a Windows folder of your choice (e.g. C:\Aixpro) and running and/or creating a Windows short cut to Aix.exe. See the manual for more.
An accurate index adds professional quality to written work, whether it's an academic thesis, research papers, an article ... or even a full-length book. AnsibleIndex Pro for PC-compatibles is a reliable indexing program, simultaneously simple to use and very powerful, and it works with ordinary LocoScript Pro documents – version 1 or version 2, though not the cut-down "PC Easy". It indexes by extraction. You start with your document in LocoScript, using normal LocoScript commands to identify the words and phrases you wish to index. (No special procedures to learn! LocoScript "reverse video" marks are normally used, but you can set the program to use a variety of others.) AnsibleIndex Pro does the rest: it sorts your subjects into alphabetical order and lists the page numbers on which they appear. If you want to make changes later, you can. The program will index all documents, long or short, even a series of them kept on different disks. The index of a full-length book is well within its scope.
In fact, we are repeating ourselves: the basic facilities of AnsibleIndex Pro are the same – though with higher power and capacity throughout – as in its PCW ancestors, AnsibleIndex Plus, AnsibleCheck, Grease and the supplementary AnsibleMerge. A single PC program file does all that was done by these four programs ... and there is more! Click on the links above for the established features. Now here are some new ones:
- AnsibleIndex Pro is operated by pulldown menus throughout.
- Marked entries can be indexed under substituted headings other than their literal text (e.g., 'UK' and 'Britain' might both be indexed as 'United Kingdom'.) The list of substitutions involves no fearsome technical effort: just type it in as a simple LocoScript document, and modify it whenever you wish.
- AnsibleIndex Pro includes Concordance-based indexing. Here, no index marks are necessary! A prepared list of index headings is used to control the indexing: e.g., all references to "democracy" in your text could be found and indexed. Again, substitutions are allowed: references to "Johnson" found in the text could be automatically indexed as "Johnson, President Lyndon B."
- Screen colours can be configured exactly as you wish – to be restful on the eye, or unmissably garish.
- A range of sample documents is included to demonstrate index mark-up and indexing of single and multiple documents.